How can we help?
Using the URN
How to use the Burco Catering Urn
- Always use the urn on a flat level surface and positioned so that you can get the teapot underneath it, before you fill it with water.
- Lift the lid; if there is water inside please drain and refill as we don’t know how long the water has been there.
- It is advisable to try the urn tap while the water is cold to get used to the way it works.
- Only use to boil water, do not add anything to it.
- Fill to the “max” level indicated inside before switching the urn on.
- Plug in and switch on at wall socket.
- Switch on using the red button once boiling it will switch off
- The thermostat will keep the water to the temperature selected and will make periodic noises as it does so.
- Switch off at the wall and unplug the unit.
- Do not attempt to empty while the water is still very hot, it can be left for the followings weeks crew to empty and refill.
- Do not immerse the base in water at any time.
- The urn will be cleaned and descaled regularly so do not worry about this.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE LARGE VOLUME OF BOILING WATER AND STEAM, ESPECIALLY WHEN LIFTING THE LID DURING USE